Thursday, September 22, 2011

Being Induced

I went to the Doctor yesterday afternoon at 2:10 and my blood pressure was high so they sent me to labor and delivery triage to be monitored.  The put a contraction belt and belt to show baby's heartrate and then they took some blood.  Turns out my bloodwork showed that my platelets are low, something to do with blood clotting so they kept me overnight for observation.  Well, in the morning they drew blood again but the doctor came in before the results were back telling me I was going to go home and take it easy and wait for baby... Well about 30 minutes later the nurse came in and said "let's have a baby".  Apparently my  bloodwork came back and said that my platelets dropped even more so they were going to induce me.  I got cervadil at 11am and it is a 12 hour dose.


No comments:

Post a Comment