Thursday, March 25, 2010

STAIR DELIVERY

The stairs were delivered today. They were supposed to be delivered last saturday but something happened with one of the stairs so we postponed to Sat the 27th... but today at 3:15 he called me and asked if anyone was at the house. Nope, not yet... still at work, but I can be there in 1.5 hours... so I left work and stopped at the bank (the bank teller was WEIRD)... Got to the house in time to clean up the one side of the garage and the truck came. We offloaded them into the garage and wow the stairs for the first to second floor are HEAVY compared to the staircase for the basement. The first to second floor stairs are very nice. We got brazillian cherry treads poplar risers(i think) so the treads will just be cleared and the risers will be painted white. One minor problem I realized after he left is that the bottom set of stairs was supposed to be curved stairs and flaired on the right side... He didn't make the flair... they look gorgeous but that isn't what we asked for so I am going to call him tomorrow and see what he can do... He is a really nice guy so I have no doubt that he will fix it for us.

Afterwords I caulked the crown in the powder room and the windows in the office...







No comments:

Post a Comment