Friday, April 23, 2010

DAFFODILS

I took the day off of work today. I didn't accomplish all that much though. I took some daffodils that were growing in the woods and transplanted them to the flower bed along the driveway. We will be covering where they were with quite a bit of dirt and it would have been such a shame to destroy them. After the daffodils were planted I started putting some of the woodchips from what we chipped last weekend on the flowerbed up the driveway, but didn't get too far before Tommy got home. We then took a drive to a Greenhouse & Nursery that I found on craigslist that has very good prices, actually AMAZING prices, on bushes and trees. We were able to pick up three white birch trees that we have been looking for and 22 gold tipped junipers for the hillside. YAY! When we got back we dug a big hole next to the porch and we planted all three of the white birch together. LOVE IT! Then Tommy started moving back some of the leftover logs on the frontyard from when the sawmill was here and I planted about 6 of the junipers before it was too dark for us to work outside anymore...


No comments:

Post a Comment