Wednesday, February 2, 2011

ICE DAY!

We had the day off from work today because of the ice storm... We woke up and there was about 3/4" sheet of ice on the driveway.  As we were standing outside with the dogs the tree top on the tree right next to the driveway snapped off and dropped to the ground... you know that was my favorite tree on the entire property!  We went back inside and continue to hear the snap and crash of tree branches... Of course it happened to a majority of the "nice" trees that we saved in the backyard... Now they will all have to be cut down...   :( so sad!  Hooper was extremely nervous about the trees falling... He came inside and hid under the table... then when another one crashed and we went to the window he came out and started shaking... He wanted to go upstairs so we let him up and he seemed to calm down a little... poor thing!





We got some work done today... Tommy worked on caulking all the crown molding in the foyer.  His dad came down and continued his spackling job in the basement... I spent the day doing the touch up paint in the dining room, master bedroom and sitting room.  At the end of the night Tommy nailed up all the pieces he made for the entrance-way to the sitting room that I had painted earlier.  While I was doing the touch up paint in the dining room Otis was messing with me... barking and climbing on my legs... I started talking to him and then he jumped in my lap but he fell out and went right into the paint tray... Ooops... poor thing had paint on his head so I had to dunk his whole head under the faucet.


No comments:

Post a Comment