Saturday, January 15, 2011

BASEMENT SHEETROCK

Today was a busy day... First thing thismorning we had propane delivery... FUN!

I cleaned up the stairs... just in time... because the stair guy showed up to show us some railing samples and take measurements for nosing... He asked what kind of railing we wanted and when I said " I don't know, I haven't really looked"  he was shocked!!! Because when we got the stairs I had pictures printed and told him what I liked from each picture... This time I was unprepared!!!  But he showed us some books and I told him what I liked... and Tommy agreed.

Meanwhile, Tom's dad and Pawel arrived.  They worked in the basement all day putting up sheetrock... They got quite a bit done with occasional help from Tommy.  They used all the sheets that we had...

Tommy worked in the office and finished up the pieces of hardwood along the walls... The office hardwood is done and he got a good start on what is left in the family room.

I worked on grouting the floor of the master shower... Grouting is officially DONE in the master bathroom.  That is great!

Afterwords, I worked on sanding the mantel to get it ready for finishing...

Then we went to Home Depot and did some returns... a bunch of plumbing stuff... the lady wasn't happy!  and then we spent it again...

When we got back Tommy put some Tung oil on the mantel... it looks fantastic!






No comments:

Post a Comment